Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Site hosted in China - Will Google Analytics Work if Implemented for US-based Sub-site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had my team in China implement Google Analytics code into the homepage of our US-based site. The implementation looks correct but data is not pulling. Will it ever pull? Will it be blocked because the site is hosted in China?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Site hosted in China - Will Google Analytics Work if Implemented for US-based Sub-site?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Dunno.. assuming the View has no filters applied to it.. are you able to see your own visits in the Real time reporting when you browse the website? 
Depending on the hosting it usually takes at least 24hrs for data to start showing in the reports and in some instances can take up to a week.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, is there any update? According to reports I've read, despite Google being blocked by the "Great Firewall" there is tracking data being sent from Google Analytics in China to Google's servers and users outside of China can view GA's frontend. But the information I have is that there seems to be data loss (up to 50% of users - could be closer to 20%) so if it's 20% 2 out of every 10 Chinese visitors aren't tracked in GA.

But it's really difficult to get a straight answer from experts in China's web.