Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Similar Event Tracking but not present in Real Time Event VIew (and different request urls)

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear All

we have experimented a strange and curious behavior when submitting events to google analytics.

In our ecommerce site we have two sectiion for reccomended products and for other offer provided by our vendor.

We tagged the image links for the two cateogories in the same way only label is different.

What we obtain is:

* Recommended products: we get data in real time view, event is sent WITHOUT  the _j1 parameter (analytics debugger help us)

* Products for same vendor: we DON?T get data in real time view, event is sent WITH the _j1 parameter (analytics debugger help us) and we se request to google server go trough many redirect (307+302) touching double click server also.

Does anyone experimented solved this point? What's the meaning of _j1 parameter in the GA request?

Thanks

Miniera

Re: Similar Event Tracking but not present in Real Time Event VIew (and different request urls)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Citing Simo Ahava: "It's a "Display Join Beacon" for linking analytics with the double click cookie. If you've enabled display advertising (for e.g. demographic data etc.) your hits will be recycled through the doubleclick servers, and this id is used to join the data together."

Re: Similar Event Tracking but not present in Real Time Event VIew (and different request urls)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi!

I've already read the post https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/tag-manager/working-with-google-tag-manager/...

My concern is: why two similar element on a page TRIGGER two different calls to google analytics? What could cause this way of work?
The parameter _j1 is managed by analtics.js I think. Am I correct?

Thanks
Miniera