AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Shady Web Designer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All, 

I have a new website published and I'd like to use Google Analytics to track my site's activity. My web guy wants to charge me $300 to add the analytics code for me. Is there a workaround for this? I only have access to the backend to make minor changes. Thanks!!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Shady Web Designer

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Move your site to a different host so you have proper access to the backend, learn how to code to make your own site changes and then drop the web guy?

Sorry if that seems unhelpful. Are you in some kind of contract with the web guy. hence why you have limited access for making changes to your site?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Shady Web Designer

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

If you can post your site URL maybe we could suggest you a solution, if it's a cms, there is a chance that you can install the tracking code easily.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Shady Web Designer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What is cms? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If I had time to learn to code and not work on my primary job....

Shady Web Designer

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

CMS - Content Management System, Wordpress for example. It has a backend where you can manage the content. Wordpress has many add-on modules called plugins that let you add new features (like GA tracking) easily, without coding.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks I'll check on that. Appreciate the tip and your knowledge. 

Shady Web Designer

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Something to consider as well - make sure you have admin access (i.e. ownership) of the Google Analytics account. Make sure that the web guy uses a new GA account and property for the website - which you have access to; and not one which they own. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.