Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Setting up Site Search with 1+ Query Parameters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A third party vendor has set up a subdomain that contains an internal search option. As you type in a query, suggestions pop up that you can alternatively click on, rather than submitting the text that was typed in. The URL captures the usage of these searches in two ways:

1. /search?query1=term1&query2=term2&query3=term3 displays a list of people based on the query.

2. /[person identifier]?query1=term1&query2=term2&query3=term3 displays the person that meets the requirement of the query, and the queries used to get there. [person identifier] is a number that changes depending on the person chosen.

This implementation is messy - I had no say in it and I have no relationship with this vendor. Even one word in the search bar will generate a bunch of queries that I can't map out very well. Is it possible to set up Site Search with these multiple query parameters? How can I do so when the there are two URL types that can contain such queries?