AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Setting up Site Search with 1+ Query Parameters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A third party vendor has set up a subdomain that contains an internal search option. As you type in a query, suggestions pop up that you can alternatively click on, rather than submitting the text that was typed in. The URL captures the usage of these searches in two ways:

1. /search?query1=term1&query2=term2&query3=term3 displays a list of people based on the query.

2. /[person identifier]?query1=term1&query2=term2&query3=term3 displays the person that meets the requirement of the query, and the queries used to get there. [person identifier] is a number that changes depending on the person chosen.

This implementation is messy - I had no say in it and I have no relationship with this vendor. Even one word in the search bar will generate a bunch of queries that I can't map out very well. Is it possible to set up Site Search with these multiple query parameters? How can I do so when the there are two URL types that can contain such queries?