Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Setting Up Cross-Domain Tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Digital Mavens,

I have a newbie question about setting up cross-domain tracking in Google Analytics. A client uses Wufoo and every time a form is submitted, the user goes to sitename.wufoo.com and he gets redirected to a thank-you page hosted on the client's site. The problem is because the source of traffic that lands on the thank-you page is the Wufoo site, all conversions are being attributed to referral. Is there a way to set up cross-domain tracking even when I don't have access to the backend of all sites involved in the link?

Thanks,

Kevin

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

If you can put a Google Analytics Tag on the site of sitename.wufoo.com , you use cross domain tracking.

If not, add sitename.wufoo.com to the "Referral Exclusion List", property settings page.

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Ryota,

If I add the site to the Referral Exclusion List, under what source will the traffic say that it came from.

Right now the flow is:

Source -> landing page with a form -> sitename.wufoo.com -> thank-you page

If I add the Wufoo site to the exclusion list, will conversions get attributed to their true sources?

Thanks,

Kevin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A couple of months ago, Google Analytics Conversions were working very well with Wufoo. We changed the Adwords Account and then it stops detecting google/cpc as the Source that converts, instead of that, it says. client.wufoo.com 

We are trying to investigate why a couple of months ago worked, but no it doesn't. If you know a trick or something that has been updated, please let us know. Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I will. And if you find anything, let me know Smiley Happy