Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Set up of collecting search data in GA setting (Site Search Settings)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

We have a Drupal site using apache solr for site search. In google analytics our site searches are not registering so something must have been set up wrong. I thought that the Query parameter should say "search" or perhaps just s. Is this correct? If not what should I put in order for this to work? Many thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Set up of collecting search data in GA setting (Site Search Settin

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Helena,

Drupal does not have a search query parameter. You need to set up a filter to pull the search term from the URL into the Search Term field. If your site search result URLs are like "/search/site/test" your filter should look like this:
https://i.imgur.com/vOqV4Q3.png
Note that the filters are not working retroactively so they affect only new data from the moment of their implementation. I'd suggest setting up a test view and apply the filter first to it. When you are satisfied you can apply it to your main view.
Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

I have tried this approach (I also use Apache Solr search module on Drupal website), but it didn't work. Is there some latency before the search terms appear in the output block?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ana,

There is always some latency, the terms should appear in the reports in 24 hours.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital