Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Serve resources from a consistent URL

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I got the following problem in GTMetrix:

The following resources have identical contents, but are served from different URLs. Serve these resources from a consistent URL to save 1 request(s) and 28.8KiB.

In my page header I have the correct Analytics code setup, with https: link. Where is this duplication come from? Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Geosics L
March 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Laszlo, it seems like Google Analytics tracking code appears twice on the same page causing double tracking (you've installed GA snippet directly on your page and you've installed GA via GTM). It means that every time the page loads, it’ll fire two page views and that's why probably have a really low bounce rate as well because of that. It's inaccurate.

You shouldn't run Google Analytics snippet AND Google Analytics page view tag via Google Tag Manager on the same page at the same time. Choose one of them.

Hope this helps.
Taavi

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Could you please share the URL of your website? Is it running on HTTP or HTTPS?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi, 

thanks for your response. Its on http. 

URL: perlaskincare.com

Thanks

Laszlo

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Geosics L
March 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Laszlo, it seems like Google Analytics tracking code appears twice on the same page causing double tracking (you've installed GA snippet directly on your page and you've installed GA via GTM). It means that every time the page loads, it’ll fire two page views and that's why probably have a really low bounce rate as well because of that. It's inaccurate.

You shouldn't run Google Analytics snippet AND Google Analytics page view tag via Google Tag Manager on the same page at the same time. Choose one of them.

Hope this helps.
Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Taavi, 

thanks for the hint, yes, that was it. Now I deleted the tag manager setup. I was about to start measuring the clicks on the webpage by TM, but i could not set it up, and it turned out as well, that this is not the best solution. Smiley Happy 

Anyway, will I need TM in the future, what do you think? Or anything can be managed via Analytics? 

Thank you

Laszlo

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It's your choice. I personally have installed GA via GTM and it works very well. GTM helps you configure for example event tracking more easily.

Here you can read more: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6163796?hl=en&ref_topic=6163649

Hope this helps.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi,

So what to do if it's concerning Twitter?

E.g. on a blog post, one is our social account in the footer and the other is a Twitter sharing tool of the article?

They are both being called but we need them both.

Thanks.

Julien

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im having the same issue with one of my sites how do i resolve this ? if its code were would it be found or is there a way of doing it in the dash board ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

found out this is being caused by my slider revolution still need help resolving 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Deleting my GTM account solved the problem at my side.. thats all i know.