Analytics
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Search Console and Google Analytics Linking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

I've just joined a company and taken over the management of their Google Analytics and search console account; there are multiple Search Console entries for a whole host of sub-domains as well as the main domain. Long story short the Search Console was linked to a no longer used GA Account so I wanted to adjust the link to new Analytics Property.

I've gone through the usual process and I can see within the Google Analytics Search Console Settings that the expected Views are Enabled which is great but when I look for the Search Console option in the Acquisition menu it doesn't exist.

After a bit of digging the only thing that stands out as a possible cause for this is that the domain that was originally set up in Search Console was http://www.southampton.ac.uk/ whereas the Default URL in Google Analytics is set to http://www.southampton.ac.uk so there is no forward slash at the end of the URL.

Is this a possible explanation for the lack of appearance of the Search Console or does it simply not matter and there is something else at play?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Console and Google Analytics Linking

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi there!

Under "Acquisition", you should be looking for "Search Engine Optimization", not "Search Console". This shows up irrespective of the linking to Search Console - it's just that the reports will be empty if not linked.

Unless, you've created an app property and the Search Engine Optimization report isn't there at all?

Or have you found the right report and aren't see data in it?

Best,
Arjun

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
what is the difference between google analytics and firebase analytics??

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee