Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Scroller Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

I have quite a simple problem here so hoping someone can help!

I have a scroll of images (manual scroll) on a web page. No stats are showing in the In Page view, but I think they should be. Most of the links are duplicates of others on the page but I want to find out how often this scroller section is being used specifically. 

I think I need to add unique IDs /even tracking but not sure where to start (or where to advise the developer to start!!)

Thank you Smiley Happy 

Re: Scroller Tracking

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Can you provide link to your page to see it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Andrzej

Thanks for your reply. I don't have anything on there yet, just want to work out where to start really! Do I need a developer to add the code?

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
It really hard to say without seeing it - can you point me to some example on other site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Andrzej

I have found this similar example, the product slider at the bottom:

http://blog.boden.co.uk/how-to-wear-boden-basics-work-weekend-blogger/

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Assuming that you have the same slider as in the example ("Flex Slider") here you can find code for GA to track clicks in particular images on product slider and sending an event to GA. Show it to your developer and see if he can adjust it to your slider code.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! I will give it a try when he is back in the office and let you know how I get on!

Thanks again