Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Same web property ID is tracked twice.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Wix html5 website ID ani-soft.com

While checking with tag assistant it reports that

1. "the same web property is tracked twice?"

Additionally my analytics is tided up with my adsense account, but

- There is adsense reporting i.e zeros! in analytics

- There is no adsense page reporting! in analytics

The site is connected to my analytic id through wix by adding my analytic code UA-XXXXXX-1.

Could anyone checkout my site for proper code implementation and advise ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Same web property ID is tracked twice.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi - I'm seeing 3 GA codes on the page - at least through Tag Assistant... and a remarketing tag...

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 16.48.00.png

I'm also seeing that one of those is within an iframe and outside the <head> section - I'd be tempted to start looking there....

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 16.46.16.png

Let us know if that helps clean things up for you

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
@stickleback is absolutely correct. Just to clarify, you cannot have the analytics code UA-47XXXXXX-1 firing from two iframes. Wix pages are not the best when it comes to SEO and tracking as they tend to group iframes and lack in raw content , they also have multiple places you can insert tracking code both of which are in the incorrect location (and their URL structure is not very SEO friendly).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ran across this post when I all of a sudden noticed Chrome Tag Assistant reporting some issues. Everything seems to be working as it should but am not sure were to continue looking. Any assistance would be appreciated.

https://www.1099-etc.com

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
My best guess here is that you have added GA code through GTM but also through the Yoast plugin... check the settings for each.....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for responding!

That was my first thought, but it's not the case. I've gone through all the settings, even deactivated the plugin and the issue persists.

I thought it was possibly the theme – which has a place to enter GA code, but I disabled that some time ago. When I look at the source of the page, I only find the GTM script in one place.

This lead me to look into GTM, which has been working great since last got it properly configured, and this was working last week. Since then, we've run a WordPress, plugin, and Chrome update, so I'm wondering now if it could be a glitch in the Tag Assistant extension and this version of Chrome (48.0.2564.109)?

Analytics seems to be recording data as expected so I'm completely stumped.

Thanks for any thoughts!
Greg