Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Same web property ID is tracked twice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see the "Same web property ID is tracked twice" of google analytics error via google tag assistant, however I can't seem to find the second GA code. Could anyone help me in finding it? Wordpress website https://goo.gl/Gr5K7

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paulius G
May

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

At a quick glance, The insert Headers and Footers plugin allows you to add code to both areas of a site.

apart from that, maybe refer to the theme documentation to see if it has an inbuilt admin theme option for adding code - most commercial themes do

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Seems to be an instance in both the head section and then towards the bottom of the site.. 
Which instance have you located so far? The one in the top of the site?
Couple of thoughts.
1) check if the active theme has an admin option for adding script code to the head or footer of site.. to see if there is another copy of tracking code added there.
2) Check both active theme's header.php and footer.php
3) Do you have any plugins installed for adding scripts to your site in the head or footer

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply!

I found the one next to </head>. I've check all of the suggested places but I couldn't find the second code. I don't understand where else it could be placed. 

Here are all the plugins that I use (maybe this will help identify where the code could be, maybe I missed something): http://nimb.ws/8yR7dZ

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paulius G
May

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

At a quick glance, The insert Headers and Footers plugin allows you to add code to both areas of a site.

apart from that, maybe refer to the theme documentation to see if it has an inbuilt admin theme option for adding code - most commercial themes do

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Found it, thank you! Smiley Happy