Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Same web property ID is tracked twice - Using WP Plugin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I realize there are several instances of this same issue on in this community but I've tried looking at them and figuring out my issue but with no luck. 

My website is racingdudes.com and when using the Google Tag Assistant I'm getting the "Same web property ID is tracked twice." warning with my website's UA code. I use the Wordpress Plugin, "All in One SEO" for my GA tracking. It simply has a spot where I can insert my UA code. I have no idea what is going on. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Same web property ID is tracked twice - Using WP Plugin

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jared, im not seeing two instances of code for the same property tracking twice.

('m seeing code for two differnt tracking id's .. one via the seo plugin as you mention

Another one triggering an event for UA-47029214-1 The 2nd instance of code names the tracker so the two instances of code should not interfere with each other.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for replying. I'm only finding it once I go into the website more, articles, pages, etc. I do not see it on the homepage.

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 1.18.27 PM.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Can you give the url to one of the pages it is occurring on?
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Any idea what clammrTracker' ? Is sending an event upon the loading of a plugin but i cant tell which one, but it is why its tracking twice.
Maybe part of Bad Behavior plugin, but i am not sure.

For help specific to wordpress issues re themes, plugins etc
Usually plugines on wordpress.org each have their own plugin support thread.
eg bad behavour plugin https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bad-behavior
For general WordPress help there is:the support forums
https://wordpress.org/support/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ClammrTracker is part of the Clammr Player plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/audio-player-by-clammr/). This is used on our podcast playback plugin (http://racingdudes.com/blinkers-off-170-kentucky-derby-preps-big-cap-rapid-fire-selections-and-rant-...

UA-1410476-6 is Disqus
UA-47029214-1 is Clammr I believe
UA-504247... is mine and the one that says it's being tracked twice

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Sorry.. had looked at the wrong thing.. just went and took another look.
the extra page views seem to be occurring on scrolling up and down of the page,
Does the seo plugin you are using to insert the tracking code, or anything else use the GA tracking id for scroll tracking
to measure engagement/how much of the pages are read

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So what you are saying is the GA code is first there once page is loaded. Then as you scroll, it loads again, thus tracking it twice?

I don't believe the SEO plugin has any such thing. I have attached a screenshot of all I do for the settings.

I have found that the WP theme I use has a "Scrollspy" plugin which I'm not totally sure what it does but I believe it's used for tracking more engagement within the page. Does that make sense?Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 1.13.35 PM.png

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

That makes sense as to why its occurring in regards to the theme and the Scrollspy plugin.

And the theme's author in their support thread on themeforest confirms this
http://goo.gl/6IoLCw
   Hi offer20pctoff,
   Yes, each auto loaded post manually triggers a new page view in Google Analytics, whether you are using the asynchonous event tracking or the universal         event tracking.