AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Same tracking code on multiple domains and how to combine?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We have a total of six websites. Three for two countries consisting of (mobile, desktop and store). Individual tracking code was created for each but after speaking to our developers they put a different code across each site so that we could combine the total set of data of each site in one report.

We have been navigating the sites and placing test orders but nothing is being picked up in GA Dashboard. Not in Real Time either.

Do we need to add each unique tracking code to each site? If So how can these be combined to make one complete report. Just to be clear I am not after cross domain tracking at this stage. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Same tracking code on multiple domains and how to combine?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dean,
Just be sure you have selected right property and view to see the report. Also find through "Tag Assistance" that your code is implemented correctly or not.
For seeing the combined data you need to implement a single tracking code for each properties as your developer have done.

Thanks
Vivek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Yes Tag Assistant shows the code is being implemented ok but nothing is being tracked within the Dashboard. I am using the standard All Website Data View.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dean,

Sorry but do you mean each site has their own individual GA code or all the sites have the same GA code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Syed

Within the GA dashboard each site has its own code. Our devs have used a combined GA number though for each site

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
There's no way to combine some GA number (UA-ID) to one single GA number (UA-ID). Find out what the combined GA number the dev has used and then check if you've access to this GA property (GA number). You might not have access to this GA property yet. If you're okay to share the URL, then I'm happy to check this for you.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Syed

Can I message you the details?

Note to Dean F: Please also be aware that it is counter to Community Guidelines to either ask for or offer assistance outside of the Community itself. For reference, a link to the Community Guidelines may be found at the bottom right of the page.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
To clarify: There are six sites
Each site will have a UA-88888888-01 type number

Option1: are they all the exact same number i.e. UA-88888888-01 is on ALL sites
Or
Option 2: are they all the same except for the suffix i.e. UA-88888888-01, UA-88888888-02, -03 etc.
Or
Option 3: they are all unique i.e. UA-88888888-01, UA-99999999-01, UA-73475434-01

Also - do all of the sites have a single instance of UA code? or do they have multiple UA codes on them?

Which of those possible setups is being used?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Sure. you can email me.

Note to Dean F: Please also be aware that it is counter to Community Guidelines to either ask for or offer assistance outside of the Community itself. For reference, a link to the Community Guidelines may be found at the bottom right of the page.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi,

Also make sure when working with multiple trackers the subsequent trackers must be named trackers:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/creating-trackers#working_w...

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital