Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Rolling-up reports using Google Tag Manager

ACG
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
ACG
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible to roll up Google Analytics accounts under one using Google Tag Manager? Has anyone tried before and can explain briefly the process? Would you have two GTM snippets in each website? 

thanks and best regards, A.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hello my old friend  Smiley Happy

Yes you can roll them up and it's quite easy.   Tell me more about what you are trying to do and I'll point you in the right direction.

Best,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

ACG
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
ACG
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there Smiley Happy

Well, I have been doing my homework and from what I see, if I have sub-domains it's just a matter of:

- Ensuring cookie sharing on GTM in the page view tag published to both sub-domains (no cross domain is necessary to maintain the session)

- Verify that the domain is configured in the Referral Exclusion list

- Add host name to request uri to display full url to ensure pages with same url are not aggregated

- Create separate views if necessary

How does that sound? Did I miss anything, please? 

Thanks and best regards, A. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Well...

- Ensuring cookie sharing on GTM in the page view tag published to both sub-domains (no cross domain is necessary to maintain the session)

With GTM cookie domain set to auto - subdomains need nothing else (cross domain is for differing TLD's only.

- Verify that the domain is configured in the Referral Exclusion list

You don't need referral exclusion for sub-domains (you should have 1 tracker for this)

- Add host name to request uri to display full url to ensure pages with same url are not aggregated

Yes this can be handy but remember to keep an unfiltered view

- Create separate views if necessary

Check!

-Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

ACG
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
ACG
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Theo, I will speak with the developers and let you know if there's anything that we don't quite understand. I won't accept as solution/close until then.

Best wishes, A.