Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Retrieving Google site Statistics before configuration with GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have recently configured Google Analytics for my Google site and I was wondering if there is any way to retrieve data concerning the site traffic prior to the configuration. Would it be possible if I upgrade to Google Analytics Pro? Is there any way to get retroactive data through Google (even by paying)? I would be grateful if you could help me with it.

Thank you!

Valentina Cattane

AURA Programme

https://sites.google.com/site/auraprogrammeinterventions/

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aura P
November 2015

Re: Retrieving Google site Statistics before configuration with GA

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Valentina,

I don't believe that it's possible to access any retroactive data from before the tag was implemented on your site, simply because there's no way for Google to have that information without the tracking code.

I'm going to move your post to the Google Analytics section of the Community, since I think you'll get more relevant answers there than you will in the AdWords forum.

If your question is actually related to AdWords, please reply here and I can move it back for you.

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aura P
November 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Valentina,

I don't believe that it's possible to access any retroactive data from before the tag was implemented on your site, simply because there's no way for Google to have that information without the tracking code.

I'm going to move your post to the Google Analytics section of the Community, since I think you'll get more relevant answers there than you will in the AdWords forum.

If your question is actually related to AdWords, please reply here and I can move it back for you.

Cassie

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Valentina,

as Cassie said - there is no way to data without tracking data. If so, I would rather be concerned ... ;.)

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much Cassie. Please do move my post to the Google Analytics section. Valentina