Analytics
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Retrieve advertisement data from GA`s API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I wanted to create a web application capable of valuing the cost for an advertiser to place ads on a given web page, like sort of a quoting tool for people to know their "worth" for advertisement.

As Google is the biggest announcer in the world, I wanted to know if they provide any benchmark or real-time data I could exploit through one of their API to retrieve metrics such as Click-Through-Rates, Cost-Per-Mille etc.. for a given country, region, industry... That would help me taking that "market" data into account to give an accurate valuation for a given webpage.

Thank you so much for your read and help.

Thomas

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author thomas c
July

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Thomas,

While that data is available via the API, you have to have access to the data to use it.  That is, there is no generic aggregated data to which you have access.  Even if you had access, I'm not sure how much it would help you value any pages within your site.   That said, you can opt in to  sharing data with Google via the Google Analytics admin section to get benchmark data.  If you just go to your benchmark reports under audience, it will walk you through what you need to do to get data for your vertical.

More on that here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6086666?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author thomas c
July

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Thomas,

While that data is available via the API, you have to have access to the data to use it.  That is, there is no generic aggregated data to which you have access.  Even if you had access, I'm not sure how much it would help you value any pages within your site.   That said, you can opt in to  sharing data with Google via the Google Analytics admin section to get benchmark data.  If you just go to your benchmark reports under audience, it will walk you through what you need to do to get data for your vertical.

More on that here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6086666?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo!

Thank you very much for the answer, I just happened to read it now and it is actually very useful. I will try to get the most out of the GA account. 

Best regards,

Thomas