Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Reporting based on custom dimention!Please help

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ALL,

I have created a page on my experiment website and by the help of lookup table using GTM I have created a variable (lookuptable variable).

Whenever a visitor visits the page the Lookupvariable stores as a value named say 'a'

After this i used a user session scope based custom dimension in GA to store the value of the previously created Lookupvariable a.

My data is showing correctly in the current view which i have implement the above.

But when i am copying the existing view and create a new view with  a filter to include only data containing the custom dimension the data doesn't not comeup.

What is the problem?

Does it need some time?

Re: Reporting based on custom dimention!Please help

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
After you create new view, there's no data there. It starts gathering only since the moment of creation.
You cannot move gathered data from one view to another, unfortanutely. So yes, you need to wait for a while.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
How long?
If i have only a few page view does it will work?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It depends more on traffic, not number of pages. If traffic is good enough it has to work.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Anna for the reply.So the traffic has to be good to make it work.If i got only few sessions per day chances are it will not work.For example I have only 2 sessions for the custom dimension and so i am not seeing any data in that view.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
The thing is Analytics will gather this data but there can be problems in reporting. Sometimes GA can't even build graphs or figure out correct CR of a page, 'cos 10-20 visits per week is close to so called "statistical error" Smiley Happy