Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Removing analytics code from Weebly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have more than one universal Analytics code and I feel like it's making the data incorrect, how can I remove the tags on my weebly site?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removing analytics code from Weebly

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Are they both your own tracking codes that you have placed there?
To the best of my knowledge, weebly also places its own GA tracking onto users sites. If you have installed the latest version of tracking though, according to their instructions, then there shouldn't be any conflict between your tracking code and theirs.

eta to uninstall your own tracking code tags, then you would simply need to remove them from your website, from whereever you placed the codes.

If they are both your tracking code snippets, the tracking code snippets can be configured to work for multiple trackers. If that is what you want to do and need help with, then please post back and I can give further help with doing that.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah, I remember placing them a few times when I felt like GA wasn't working but now, the amount of page views is different on GA and the Weebly stats. Also, for a while, the bounce rate was extremely low but has shot up very quickly.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gabija B
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Google analytics code should only be added to your site once.
There is a 'how to' here with where to place the tracking code
https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201979698-Google-Analytics

Any other instances of the tracking code should be removed. Atm you will be getting incorrect data
with more than one tracker installed.

A 24-48hr delay between a visit occurring and data being processed/appearing in reports is considered normal.

I probably wouldn't compare GA data to the Weebly provided data. Often comparing two different tracking methods can be like trying to compare chalk and cheese and will not often give the same results. I have no idea what method weebly uses to collect it's visitor stats, so its a bit hard to make a comment.
You might want to enquire further with their support.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here