AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Tag issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am setting up remarking for the first time. I have checked the source of my pages and can see the code is on each (before the closing </head> tag) - www londonmusicfactory co uk

I have also enabled remarking functionality on my analytics account. Adwords is still saying it can't detect the tag on any of my pages.

I would really appreciate any help at all.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author London Music Factory - S
July 2016

Re: Remarketing Tag issues

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Is there any particular reason why you decided to add remarketing tag explicitly in the site's code instead of using Google Tag Manager that you have already implemented? It's much easier to use GTM and there is a lot less troubleshooting. I'd give it a try. Having GA in GTM but remarketing tag outside of it is very often the main source of problem with remarketing working properly (speaking from experience).

Let me know what you think.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author London Music Factory - S
July 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Is there any particular reason why you decided to add remarketing tag explicitly in the site's code instead of using Google Tag Manager that you have already implemented? It's much easier to use GTM and there is a lot less troubleshooting. I'd give it a try. Having GA in GTM but remarketing tag outside of it is very often the main source of problem with remarketing working properly (speaking from experience).

Let me know what you think.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Olgierd,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am not very good at all this so didn't realise there was another way of implementing remarketing. - I just followed the video tutorials for implementing and they all said to add the code snippet. Could you please explain how I can try it the way you mentioned?

Thank you very much for the help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Olgierd,

I have since figured this out. Thank you so much for your suggestion! According to tag assistant, it is working now.

Many thanks,

JP

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

I'm really glad that I could help. Go crazy with your remarketing Smiley Happy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks very much Olgierd N

So I implemented remarekting yesterday with tag manager and the tag assistant confirmed it was (and still is) triggering. However, my adwords account is still saying it can't detect it. I definitely did it at least 24hrs ago. Have you an ideas?

Many thanks,

JP

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi JP,

Could you post a screenshot (or a link to one) of that "can't detect" message?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks very much Olgierd.

Link to image: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3DaQIu8sNKg/Vuk2JUIzA8I/AAAAAAAAAuk/UojtwZVqAJgHoJxjg7xCStyjxTHUU....

The error is coming from adwords, when I go to "shared library" then "audiences". - Where you input the different remarketing lists.

Many thanks,

JP

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi JP,

Remarketing lists are building very slowly. Just give it couple of days. If
the problem persists please let me know. Error you are seeing is because
Adwords doesn't see remarketing tag implemented through GTM. However if tag
assistant confirms that the tag is firing then everything is good.