5.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Recordings Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We are a Trade Only wholesaler that allow current customers to select, add to cart and submit orders via our website. 

We don't take credit cards via website yet, so our site is currently not fully E-Commerce ready.

However, when I recorded the steps from browse to submit order, the following happens:

1.  Under Google Analytics Report page

I'm always getting the warning/alert "Submit Order" page as missing the GA tracking code. ex. UA...-1

warning
This page did not send a hit, but other recorded pages on the same domain did send hits. Most likely, this page was not properly tagged with the Google Analytics tracking code.

2.  Under the Tag Assistant Report page - the Google Tag code is firing just fine.

Time:Aug 29, 2016 11:36:37 AM (21 seconds after Pageload 4)
Page Load:0.82 s
Tags:
  • 1 in Total
1. Google Tag Manager GTM-MQ2GKB

Account ID
GTM-MQ2GKB
Check Contained Tags

-My questions are:
1.  Why is our UA tracking code not firing in the Analytics Report, but working fine in the Tag Assistant Report?
2.  In addition, I've set up Tag code as Universal Google Analytics, so why is the code not firing on the Analytics Report?

Thank you in advance,
Winny

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Recordings Error

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Winny,

This is going to be a little difficult to solve remotely but I suggest that you look at the redirects as they are notorious for breaking tracking. Best to use a utm params and walk through the process and I suggest starting your journey with something like newpacificdirect.com?utm_source=test&utm_medium=test&utm_campaign=test

You may also want to temporarily deploy (in preview mode) a classic ga tracker and use gadebug for chrome. This will allow you to view the campaign information in the developer console every step of the way. If you do this, create a new test property in your account as you'll want to send it to a different property.

GA Debug

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics-debugger/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna...

Hope that helps..

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn