Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Realtime information for eCommerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I just started implementing integration with GA enhanced eCommerce. I could see some data inside of ECommerce category (like add to cart) from yesterday. But I could see only events for realtime - and not enhanced eComemrce data. Is there any way to view such information realtime? Because it is really annoying that to test some change you need to wait for tomorrow... It slow downs development significantly.

1 Expert replyverified_user

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Real time reports are limited and won't be showing all detailed set of reports.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Yauhen F

If you're using Chrome, install the following:

Tag Assistant

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk

GA Debugger

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics-debugger/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna

You'll be able to see what info is being sent when debugging/testing implementation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for reply.

GA Debugger shows generally what information is sent to GA. That could be asilly debuugged without it if code is well structured. The information I am interested in "How GA interpret this info? Will reports sutisfy our marketing?"

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Okay, so let me ask a question for my own benefit - and to see if I can help you further.

In your opinion, what will Real Time give you that GA Debugger can't in what concerns the "How GA interpret this info" bit? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We have a little bit simplified model for ecommerce (just one step for chechout, process itself is also just one add to cart). ANd we want to check that with this simplified model it is correctly displayed in number of sales, total amount etc. Generally that all information required for our marketing is shown. Or we probably need to add some "fake" steps to make some counters working.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Okay, I hear you. Thanks for explaining.

My first reply was based on this in your original post: "it is really annoying that to test some change you need to wait for tomorrow... It slow downs development significantly."

If you want to test implementation and see all fields and respective values being passed in the code, GA Debugger is of great help - number of sales, total amount, product sku etc. are all exposed. Tag Assistant is also helpful, above all Tag Assistant Recordings.

It's still unclear to me what Real Time will give you that GA Debugger won't for testing purposes in what concerns what information is being passed and how/where it's being passed. For testing, I normally use Real Time in combination with GA Debugger.

Sorry for not being able to help further, though. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

By realtime I mean "ECommerce reporting in realtime"

For example we don't have any transacations payment in our system. This is made by our partner. But we would like to have sold amount, average order size etc in GA.

I have added events like: add to cart, checkout (because technically we don't have any payment transacations). All events include price quantity etc. I could check this in GA - all requests are correct. And today (yes one day later) I could see that GA reports for ECommerce doesn't include amounts for checkout. So everything connected with prices/sold amount is based on "purchase" event. SO now I need to change checkout to purchase (we don't really provide purchase but we should)

and wait one more day to see how it will be displayed ion ecommerce reports.