2.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Real Time Visitor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My google analytics for coastalbreezenews.com is inaccurate.  We went from 2400 page views one day to 21 the next and it hasn't increased since!!!! 

Even the Real Time Visitors would show 1 when I was online at all hours,  but now...it doesn't show ANYTHING,  it is blank!!!

How do I fix this????  Val 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Real Time Visitor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
There are a couple of issues
1) The tracking code on the website is not the current version of code.
2) There are a number of instances of the tracking code installed on the website.
3) There is a mix of th e usual tracking code, and then also at least one copy that has been edited for display adverting.

1) I would strongly recommend considering updating the website code to the currrent Universal analytics version, unless there are reasons for not doing so.
2) I would remove all excess copies of the tracking code. sites only need one copy usually placed before the closing </head> tag.
3) Once the code is updated, then the code need not be edited for activing the display advertising features, it can be turned on via the settinngs in the Analytics Admin interface instead.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here