AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Puzzling drop in the ecommerce conversions rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Since November 4, the ga.js script is not recording data conversions through the e-commerce. Until November 3 the percent conversion values were ​​consistent with the previous days but on November 4 that values ​​dramatically drop and reach the 0% on November 6 till now. Interestingly on November 6 I modified the e-commerce configuration in the Manager tab selecting the "Enhanced e-commerce" feature (even with the current script ga.js). After some  days, I saw that GA did not record the e-commerce data (and, if he did, they were very few) so that I deselected the "Enhanced e-commerce" feature to return to the previous situation. However, accordingly to the GA data, the e-commerce is still in a "vegetative" state.

Can someone tell me what it could have happened? Can the failure be related to the "Enhanced e-commerce" option’s selection without implementing the analytics.js script? And above all ... would you know how to get out of this situation and make that GA can record the e-commerce data as before?

The website is: www.investigacionyciencia.es

PS: no changes were done in the website code nor the ga.js script during between November 4 and today!

Thank you very much in advance!

Re: Puzzling drop in the ecommerce conversions rate

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Few findings/recommendations:

1. Update the code to use universal analytics
  2. GA says: If you are currently using ga.js, you will need to first migrate to analytics.js before using the enhanced ecommerce plug-in.
  3. You can easily debug on the website with GA debugger:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna

You can check in chrome, console tab with 'Preserve log' turned ON.