AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Problem with conversition hit into event

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I implemented Google Tag Manager and Universal Analytics in my intranet successfully. I use a tag of GTM to record all clicks like event, forcing to fill all dimensions: action, category... However, i see that the number of events showed is very inferior to the real events. 

I can see that the number of hits is correct (much more than events). So the problem is when Analytics interpret the hit and convert it into event. I don't know why occur this. 

I force to fill all the fields of dimensions, and unlimited the tag. 

Some idea?

Re: Problem with conversition hit into event

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6086082?hl=en

You can easily debug on the website with GA debugger:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna

You can check in chrome, console tab with 'Preserve log' turned ON.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Thanks for the information.
I see all its ok, when i fire the event in my computer.
Is it possible the problem comes from the security system of company?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Federico,

How do you know that real number of events is much higher than what you're recording in GA?

Could you please provide a screenshot with your UA event tag configuration and logic behind your GTM setup for this event recording (tag, trigger, variables)? Maybe there is a logic error in configuration that prevents all events from being recorded the way you want it.

I'd be glad to help but would need some more info about it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Olgierd.

In one day, i have this metrics:

UsersSessionsPageviewsTotal EventsUnique EventsSessions with EventHits

I implanted the nexts tags:

• 1 tag of global GA codec.
  • 1 tag produces an event each download a PDF document.
  • 1 tag that produces an event each click on the web, with complete text of category and action. 
  • 1 tag that produces an event each click on the web, with category and action text reduced.

All of them use User ID function. 

How you can see:

1. The number of unique events (8.759) is superior to total events (2.461). Instead i force to gave text category, action and label. 
  2. The number of hits is inferior to pageviews plus unique events: 36.268 - 33.622 - 8.759 = -6.133
  3. Also, the average of pageviews / sessions is 3,90 and only 6.357 sessions have bounce rate of 100%. So, there should be 2.364 sessions with at least 1 event. 

Thanks you a lot for the help!

P.D.: adjunt a screenshot of one tag.

Captura.pngTag of events

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Federico,

When I checked for your problem on Google this thread came up: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16552506/unique-events-are-greater-than-total-events

And particular answer from Alan Daitch:

Found the thing: you will see that "Unique Events" are greater than "Total Events" when you look at an event category or action, put "Event Label" as a secondary dimension and the event has been triggered some times with no label input. Google Analytics hasn't the option "(not set)" for this particular dimension, so it just doesn't show you those events in the Total Events Count, but still counts as "Unique Events" all the users that executed this particular event category / action.

So try to reconfigure your report and see it reports correctly now. Please let me know if it helped

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, again.
thanks, bu i have read that article. I think that my problem is with the lenght of the dimensions (urls and text are so long.). I'm seeking a solution to limit the number of characters of dimensions.

Thanks for you time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi.
Definely, the length of the dimensions of events isn't the problem. I put a restriction in all dimensions to minus 150 characters.
But instead, i can see in realtime how the users see 10 - 15 pageviews per minute, but the number of events is 1 - 2 events per minute.

Any idea is welcomed.
Thank you a lot.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Could you please post screenshot how your trigger is configured. Also your website URL would be helpful for troubleshooting if you could post it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I couldn't show you the url, but it is like: www.webcorp.intranet.namecompany.com/

The trigger has the next configuration:

Captura.png

I proved to change the checks.

And this is the tag configuration:

Captura.png

Thank you a lot!