Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Potential Tracking Fail

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I am trying to add Google Analytics tracking to a website I am working on.

The site has a login page as its very 1st page, this is the only way to enter the website is by adding your code to gain access. Is there a way I can use GA to track the full site even though its closed off by a login page?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Craig P
February 2016

Re: Potential Tracking Fail

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Craig,

The fact that the website has an login access has not effect on Google Analytics tracking.
The important thing is the fact that your users has an internet access (not a LAN application without internet) to let the tracking be sent to Google. That's all. So don't worry Smiley Happy Tag all your pages, everything will work and your data will be displaid en Google Analytics report.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you are good with coding, try writing a script that will include the GA that will not be stopped by the login page.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Would this be the only solution?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Craig P
February 2016

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Craig,

The fact that the website has an login access has not effect on Google Analytics tracking.
The important thing is the fact that your users has an internet access (not a LAN application without internet) to let the tracking be sent to Google. That's all. So don't worry Smiley Happy Tag all your pages, everything will work and your data will be displaid en Google Analytics report.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Even though you have a login page, you can still use GA on the site. Try it, it will work.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
So set us as I would be setting up any other GA account?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
yes, any other website

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you