AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Please Help:Difference Between Cross Domain Tracking and Roll Up Reporting in Google Analytics?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the Difference Between Cross Domain Tracking and Roll Up Reporting in Google Analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Please Help:Difference Between Cross Domain Tracking and Roll Up Reporting in Google Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I guess the easiest way to explain it would be
Roll up reporting - Combining the tracking and reporting of two or more domains, however the domains are seen as seperate entities and visitors are seen as seperate to each domain.
Cross domain reporting - combining and sharing data across two or more domains, where visitors move between them and the season and source data is shared. So visitor on site A is seen as teh same visitor on site B when they move from site A to site B via a link between the two sites for example.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Please Help:Difference Between Cross Domain Tracking and Roll Up Reporting in Google Analytics?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.This is a great explanation