Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Please Help:Difference Between Cross Domain Tracking and Roll Up Reporting in Google Analytics?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the Difference Between Cross Domain Tracking and Roll Up Reporting in Google Analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Please Help:Difference Between Cross Domain Tracking and Roll Up Reporting in Google Analytics?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I guess the easiest way to explain it would be
Roll up reporting - Combining the tracking and reporting of two or more domains, however the domains are seen as seperate entities and visitors are seen as seperate to each domain.
Cross domain reporting - combining and sharing data across two or more domains, where visitors move between them and the season and source data is shared. So visitor on site A is seen as teh same visitor on site B when they move from site A to site B via a link between the two sites for example.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Please Help:Difference Between Cross Domain Tracking and Roll Up Reporting in Google Analytics?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.This is a great explanation