Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Picking up info about current visit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible with GA to retrieve data about the current visit from the tracked site. I'd like to have some info like the pages visited or the source of the visitor, to transmit to the commercials receiving a contact form, so that they could answer more efficiently to the visitors.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Picking up info about current visit

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Jean, how are things?

If you have analytics installed on every page of your website, you probably have all this information already.

For visitor source, at the left menu go to: Aquisition > All Traffic > Source/Medium

For visited pages, you can go to: Audiences > User flow
This page may help with this: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1709395?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Apparently , there is a misunderstanding :
I don't need this info from a generic point onf view, i need it acquired from the website, for the current visit. So, the person receiving a commercial request via the website contact form could know which pages the visitor has seen, and use that intel to make him a better customized offer.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Jean,

If you want to use user behavior for customized offer, the best way I can think of is by setting a User ID.

Instead of grabbing user behavior from the website, which may require additional coding and steps, you can still achieve that on GA.

By setting the User ID, you'll a give an unique ID for each user. You'd pass this ID for GA and also along with the submitted form. So whenever you got a contact, you'd have the User ID of that person, and you'd be able to access GA and cross every information you want.

This page may help you with the User ID settings:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123662?hl=en

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This would clearly seem to do the trick. I'll check that and tell you if it works.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Jean,

leandrofm's smart approach may actually work (I gave him a star for that) but could be a bit oversized ... Note for example that you have to set up a special Analytics view to get the user-id feature running.

A quick-and-dirty, retroactive solution in your case might be just a custom report of sort

• Type: Flat table
  • Dimensions: Hour of Day, Country, City, Service Provider, Page Title
  • Metrics: Pageviews, Completions of Goal x

Customer matching could be done with timestamp, country/city, ISP name and completions = 1. For such a user, page title then tells the various pages visited.

Christoph