Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Pending verification for Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am receiving yellow level alerts for the following

Redundant Hostnames
Duplicate Campaign Parameters
Bad Event Tracking Code

After checking the universal analytics code and confirming it was a false positive, I have tried to request the crawler to verify again.

It has been 5 days and the status is still "Pending verification". Does it normally take that long for the crawler to verify?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pending verification for Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jevi,

where exactly are you getting these yellow alerts - in Google Tag Assistant, Google Analytics admin, Google Analytics report interface, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics custom alerts?

Christoph

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Christoph,

I am getting the yellow alerts under the bell icon Analytics Notifications button on the upper right hand part of the Analytic admin dashboard.

Cheers
Jevi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I also have the same query. In my Google Analytics dashboard (analytics.google.com), I received a notification that I had redundant hostnames. We put the 301 redirect in place and I selected the option for "Check again" to verify the issue was fixed. It said that verification could take up to 24 hours, though tagging verification can take much longer. It's been a few days now (at least 6) and the notification is still pending. Can you offer any suggestions on when the verification will be complete?

Thank you!
Andrea

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Andrea,

Note that the Google Analytics notifications are just suggestions or warnings. If you see that your redirect is working that pending notification shouldn't bother you. Just check your audience > technology > network > hostname report to see which hostnames were affected and whether you successfully resolved that issue. You can check the hostnames involved in order to show their data in the diagram at a glance.

Christoph