Analytics
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Page views not being recorded

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Over the last seven days, GA has failed to record any page views, despite it saying that I've had 141 hits over the past week under the Property Settings section. It could be something related to a recent hacking attack, which was some sort of URL injection; I had two days of traffic spiking, with thousands of views, which is very abnormal for my site. I've checked out the analytics through my server, which recorded a normal amount of traffic for the past week, but I'd still like to find out how to get GA back to normal.

FYI, my website is Wordpress with All-In-One SEO Pack handling the GA code.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Page views not being recorded

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Vaughan,

Do you have filters applied to your views that may be preventing this traffic from appearing?

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo,

No, I don't have any filters set up for this site.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Vaughn,

Install this chrome plugin and take a look at your site to see if hits are being reported to the proper account and property.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've installed the Tag Assistant extension, and it links up correctly with my GA account.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Vaughan,

And do you see any activity in real time reports for the same account and property?

Depending on your volume of traffic you may also see data if you look at reporting for today.

If you don't see anything double check for filters in the view you are using.

-Theo
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've haven't got any real time views, and I've double checked for filters but there's nothing set up.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
If tag assistant does not throw errors and you are looking at the same account (it's an easy mistake to make) number and property and you have traffic with a view that has no filters.. you should see data.

If all that is true, post a link to your site here and I'll take a quick peek at your coding.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo,

Sorry for the late reply. GA has actually started to record a steady amount of views, and I'm now getting the same numbers of traffic as I was before, think it might have been slow to start after the hacking. Thanks for your help anyway.

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Hey Vaughn,

Glad to hear.

Cheers,

Theo
Connect on LinkedIn