AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Page Path Level 1 Suddenly Stopped Tracking after Developer Change

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We have just switched developers for our site and since exactly then the page path level 1 (which we use to see which country site they are on, /uk/, /it/, /nl/....) has stopped tracking/displayed in GA.

Does anyone know what might have happened here in the switch over? We have put this forward to out developers as well of course, but just wondering if anyone has had this before or knows what might be going on?

I'm very surprised that it has stopped tracking as I thought it was a standard thing that would be always pulled.

Thanks,

Benji

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Are those pages still tracking in the Behaviour > Site content > All pages report?
If not, have they been checked to see if the tracking code is still installed on them?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes they are actually being tracked on there. We have actually found out that it seems that it is just that Revenue is not being tracked through the path page level 1. When looking on the Ecommerce reports, drilling down to Page Path Level one, we see Tax, Shipping, and Quantity, but no revenue. However, when looking in total with no drill down all the revenue appears! What is going on? Ha.