4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

One Page Website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody can help me out; I've just built a one page website (using Wordpress) and I need to find a way to implement the tracking code so that I can see how visitors are interacting within the page. Of course, with a one page website Analytics is also registering high bounce rates which I would like to avoid.

I am not a coding expert, but maybe some of the community here have dealt with similar issues and could advise on how best to implement this?

I've seen people mention tagging sections of the page and using a snippet of code to send the "hit" to GA, but as yet I haven/t been successful with this.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One Page Website

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Here is a handy little GA plugin (MIT License, so no restrictions) that will allow you to implement scroll tracking pretty painlessly: http://scrolldepth.parsnip.io/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Phillip,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried implementing it but I'm not registering any events, I'm sure everything works fine it's just I'm not a coder so I would really need a guide with that!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
The scroll depth plugin is not running. You need to download the javascript file, upload it to your server, add to your wordpress template, and then add the code snippet. And clear all caching to see it work. I'm afraid the tag manager example is a bit out-of-date so I don't recommend following it without any technical background. If the steps our outside your comfort zone, I'd recommend finding a local WordPress resource that can set you up.