Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Not sure analytics code is installed properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had sucuri remove a virus from my blog a few days ago & since then, I do not think my analytics is tracking properly. If I go into real time, it does show users on my site, so the code must be in there somewhere. However, if I go to my home page:

confessionsofanover-workedmom.com

and view the source, and search for my UA number, it does not find analytics in there anywhere.

I also tried http://www.gachecker.com/ and it is not finding analytics. Plus I used the little chrome extension and it says that there is nothing found.

Can someone tell me if it's there? If it's correct? How to fix it? Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ellen C
May 2016

Re: Not sure analytics code is installed properly

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Using Google Tag Assistant (https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/2947093?hl=en) I see multiple GA accounts registering. When I view source I find UA-125XXXXX-3 set up as classic GA and appearing to work fine.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ellen C
May 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Using Google Tag Assistant (https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/2947093?hl=en) I see multiple GA accounts registering. When I view source I find UA-125XXXXX-3 set up as classic GA and appearing to work fine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your help!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I do see a lot of other tags - including Google Tag Manager - GTM-522FSF - you may want to review all your external scripts and plugins when you have a chance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. There are a few networks monitoring my pageviews so I believe that is what that is.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

google-bs.jpgHello I haHello I have two SEPARATE google (gmail accounts) - how this happened, I haven't a clue I don't remember. So I have to login to check google analytics on SAFARI with one gmail account; I primarily use CHROME however for all my web work. On CHROME, I have google docs - which I access through my OTHER gmail account - which is my BUSINESS gmail account. I don't want to screw anything up but it would be preferred if I could just use ONE browser for everything instead of having to go back and forth between the two. I don't remember my password for gmail on CHROME and I am afraid of resetting since I don't know how that might affect my password and login for gmail on SAFARI with second gmail account - I don't want to get locked out of my google analytics. Now I am afraid that my google analytics is not working properly - see the attached archived notices. If i try to install the tag assistant on CHROME, it prompts me that it can change all my data on chrome.... which is where I have a different, second google gmail account. Can someone please help me? There is no main number to call for google help with this analytics and I don't understand what I should do. We are a media outlet and need to have a certain number of hits per month to be granted press credentials. this is time-sensitive. i sincerely appreciate your most urgent reply. thank you. ve two SEPARATE google (gmail accounts) - how this happened, I haven't a clue I don't remember. So I have to login to check google analytics on SAFARI with one gmail account; I primarily use CHROME however for all my web work. On CHROME, I have google docs - which I access through my OTHER gmail account - which is my BUSINESS gmail account. I don't want to screw anything up but it would be preferred if I could just use ONE browser for everything instead of having to go back and forth between the two. I don't remember my password for gmail on CHROME and I am afraid of resetting since I don't know how that might affect my password and login for gmail on SAFARI with second gmail account - I don't want to get locked out of my google analytics. Now I am afraid that my google analytics is not working properly - see the attached archived notices. If i try to install the tag assistant on CHROME, it prompts me that it can change all my data on chrome.... which is where I have a different, second google gmail account. Can someone please help me? There is no main number to call for google help with this analytics and I don't understand what I should do. We are a media outlet and need to have a certain number of hits per month to be granted press credentials. this is time-sensitive. i sincerely appreciate your most urgent reply. thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry i think it got posted twice. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried hitting restore on the archived notice about missing tracking code but  i don't think anything happened... ?????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I went to this section:

Status
Receiving traffic in past 48 hours.

active users right now. See details in 
real-time traffic reports
Test traffic sent.

....so does this mean that it is set up properly??? is there anyone here at google that can reply to this issue? thanks much.