Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Not able to find the gA code in wordpress

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i have a client who has installed the added the GA code on the wordpress website but i am not able to find where the code is. I have installed GA via GTM and need to remove the other ga code. any help would be appreciated. thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Noman K  :-)

There are a few places you can check for it

- Plugins eg specifically plugins for adding analytics, a few seo plugins also add it,

alternatively, plugins that give the ability to add js to header or footer of site.

- Current active theme (or child theme) header.php and footer.php,

- The active theme, if it has an admin theme option for adding scripts to header

or footer.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Bronwyn,

I have checked all the mentioned places before asking the question here. when i check with tag assistant it shows me the GA code below the tag manager code but i can't seem to find it anywhere and i am not really a programmer to modify the wordpress codes. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Are you able to see the actual tracking code in the source code? GA Tag Assistant will show you a source snippet or tell you if it is in an external js file.. or if it belongs to a 3rd party service eg vimeo (which you have no control over).

Can you provide a link to the website?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here