Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

No unique data from second page added

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, wanted to track usage on a second page on my site. I set up a new view and generated the tracking code and added it to the page. After a month or so I check the usage through the dashboard and the tracking info is identical for both pages.  Any help with this would be appreciated.    

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No unique data from second page added

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tim
Creating a new view doesn't give a new tracking code. A new view just gives you a "view" to work with using the same traffic.

I think what you're looking for is a new PROPERTY. This will generate a new UID and tracking code for you to paste into the second page of your site.
However, you really don't need to do this. You can use the duplicate view to do this. Simply create a filter that includes only traffic to the second page.

Alternatively (this is how I'd do it), you can create a custom segment showing only traffic to the second page.

You can find out more about segments and filters in the help center links. I'd highly recommend giving them a read as they're incredibly useful and these topics are fundamental to how GA works.