3.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

No hits -

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have the following problem, since 2 months!

No hit
First seen time: 3-may-2016 8.29.50
Last seen time: 28-jun-2016 9.38.16
photographer rome italy does not receive hits

Why? Why?

1. I have Google Tag Assistant installed and it says OK (it find in every page my UA code)!

2. Google Search Console shows me "clicks" in the dashboard

Only I see incongruity in the results showed by Google products?

I really don't know what to do... suggestions?

Kind regards 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No hits -

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Is Google Analytics tracking any data or is it just not showing the data from Google Search Console?
Also when you say "photographer rome italy does not receive hits" do you mean the site is not receiving hits
for that search term or something else?

Also GTM being present on all pages is great, however if the GA tracking is setup incorrectly via GTM then
its going to lead to funky data.

Can you please provide a link to the website, it helps with troubleshooting.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your attention.

Site is:
http://photographer-rome-italy.com

Google analytics 2 months ago has stopped to show me access to web site. I have on my browser Google tag manager and the code is correctly implemented with Joomla google analytics plugin

Google search console shows me in the dashboard page the clicks that the site receive while google analytics is flat like the see during a hot summer afternoon

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Gday :-)
If you are using a 3rd party plugin to add the tracking code and its not working as expected, then it needs to be taken up with the
support for the particular plugin.

Other things to check..
1) are there any filters applied to the GA View(s) that may be preventing data appearing in the reports
2) are you checking reports for the correct Property with tracking id UA-58467519-1

Google Search Console (GSC) and Google Analytics (GA) are two seperate products that both track different data in different ways.
The data that appears in GA in the Acquisition > Search Console reports is not tracked by GA. It is tracked by GSC and then imported into GA if the products
have been properly linked via the relevant Property Setting page in GA
So you may want to check that the two are linked correctly
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1120006?hl=en

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I use official Google plugin for joomla! And GOOGLE TAG MANAGER shows me that plugin works!!!! If I come here is for support, not polemic!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So no help? Only link to a page that I have already red in these 2 monthes? What was the reason to ask for my web site link?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Татьяна Р wrote:
I use official Google plugin for joomla! And GOOGLE TAG MANAGER shows me that plugin works!!!! If I come here is for support, not polemic!

Татьяна Р wrote:
So no help? Only link to a page that I have already red in these 2 monthes? What was the reason to ask for my web site link?

Not sure why you would feel you are being attacked in some way? I am sorry you feel that way.
I'm not a Google Employee, I volunteer my time here on the Advertiser Community, just as nearly all community members do. 

I asked for the website address so i could check the website and tracking code using some debugging tools via my browser.

1) As per my earlier reply. Are there any filters applied to any of the Property Views in GA?
If there are, is there at least one View that has been kept without filters applied to it?

2) In the Joomla plugin, does it give you the option to set the Cookie Domain to 'auto' in the tracking code snippet rather than 'photographer-rome-italy.com' ?

3) Are you able to please possibly provide a link to the plugin you are using? I'm unfamiliar with it and do not know which one you are referring to.

4) Does the Tracking ID on the Property Setting page in GA match UA-58467519-1?

5) In both the Property Setting page and any View Settings pages, is the website url entered with or without the www (should be without the www). I ask, because i noticed while looking at the site, that http://www.photographer-rome-italy.com does not automatically redirect to http://photographer-rome-italy.com, which would be the usual expected behaviour. You will however need to speak with your hosting support about that).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
At the moment I can only say that google analytics filters I use are the same filters of 2 months ago and, to avoid filters problems, i created a new view without filters and result is the same: no hits!

About site name: I simply not interested to manage the www version. It's my right and this thing must not affect google analytics results otherwise it's Google analytics that has a problem, not my site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And about filters: I don't want every 6 months to remove all the filters I create against referral traffic (referral traffic that Google asks webmasters to remove on their sites to don't compromise my positioning!!

Otherwise it's time for Google analytics to add an export/import function. Am I right or not?!??

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This is probably going to seem a little tedious, and I do apologise. Unfortunately troubleshooting is tedious.

Татьяна Р wrote:
At the moment I can only say that google analytics filters I use are the same filters of 2 months ago and, to avoid filters problems, i created a new view without filters and result is the same: no hits!

About site name: I simply not interested to manage the www version. It's my right and this thing must not affect google analytics results otherwise it's Google analytics that has a problem, not my site

1) The filters have not changed from two months go.
When you say you created a new View without filters so as to avoid filter problems - excellent :-)

From what you have said, i take it that the new View was created back when the filters were added and not recently. Is that correct?

2) I simply not interested to manage the www version. It's my right ...

Entirely your right. Isnt related to GA except if the website url is entered incorrectly into the GA Property Settings and/or View Setting pages. Some users add a www when its not necessary or vice versa.

3) The <!-- Universal Google Analytics Plugin by PB Web Development --> being used on the site,
what version number of the plugin is being used and is it the free or pro version?

This is not a plugin created or maintained by Google, it is a 3rd party plugin.

Usually, if i am using a 3rd party plugin of some sort to add tracking code to a website, if it stops reporting data, to make sure its not an issue with the plugin itself, I will either manually install the tracking code, or try a different plugin to see if the problem still persists.

4) In the Joomla plugin, does it give you the option to set the Cookie Domain to 'auto' in the tracking code snippet rather than 'photographer-rome-italy.com' ?

5) Does the Tracking ID on the Property Setting page in GA match UA-58467519-1?

6) Most (not all) of the issues with spam data in analytics have been resolved by Google. 

I usually apply a hostname filter to only include data from the website hostname
and there are free services such as the following (Im not affiliated with them in any way) which are useful for adding, updating and removing spam filters: 
https://referrerspamblocker.com/

7) Sorry, I dont understand what you mean when you say the following:
(referral traffic that Google asks webmasters to remove on their sites to don't compromise my positioning!!