Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

No ecommerce data in GA via GTM and datalayer

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all, 

I'm struggling with GA and GTM, to get ecommerce data in GA. 

I've enabled Ecommece in GA, I'm using Universal GA as well. 

In GTM, here is my GTM configuration - meaning the tag fires only when I'm on the confirmation page and the track type is transaction. 

So I'll have to use the datalayer. 

GTM-conf.PNG

In my preview/debut mode, when I'm on the confirmation page, I can see this.

datalyer-conf.PNG

I checked as well, my ecommerce tag, is fired as well. 

Could you please tell me what I'm missing in order to get the ecommerce data in GA ? 

Because for me, all is fine. Does the structure of the datalayer is not good ? 

And I published of course the tags as well. 

And I can see other data. Like pageviews etc... Meaning I don't have an issue with my UA code (I think).

Many thanks, again for your help, 

Regards, 

Bastien

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bastien B
February 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bastien

Please change the track type from transaction to event, put something easy to understand for event category and event action.

Next, enable Enhanced Ecommerce in the "Ecommerce" item in "More Settings" and turn on the option to "Use data layer".

Please note that it takes some time to reflect the data.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi, Bastien,

@Ryota YAMADA has a good suggestion about enabling Enhanced Ecommerce. The "Transaction" type tag is used only if you are using Standard Ecommerce (not Enhanced). Also, based on your dataLayer, it looks like you are using Enhanced Ecommerce.

Another thing to check is whether at the time that your tag fires, which looks like it's on Page View (gtm.js), is the ecommerce data available? From what I can see, it looks like when your tag fires, the ecommerce dataLayer hasn't been pushed yet. It does appear that on "gtm.dom", the dataLayer push is made, so I would adjust your trigger to fire your tag not on Page View, but instead on "gtm.dom" (or DOM ready). Alternatively, "gtm.load" (or Page Load) would also work, but I would go with DOM ready first.

You can also install GA Tag Assistant to analyse your tag. When it fires, do you see the ecommerce data along with the hit?

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Nicky Y

Oh, I could not notice that!

Thank you for supporting me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Ryota YAMADA  @Nicky Y

Many thanks all for all your feedbacks. I'll test everything and come back to you, here. 

Again, many thanks,

Regards, 

Bastien

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi  @Ryota YAMADA  @Nicky Y

I follow your advice and it almost work ;-)

I'm saying almost because I realized one other extra rookie mistake. In my datalayer, I used ' instead of ".

Anyway, thank you both for all,

It was very helpful. 

Best, 

Bastien