Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

No analytics data showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have not received any data for property UA-50394642-2 since late September. I have since deleted all filters and still no traffic is seen in my analytics.

I installed Tag Manager and it says 'no HTTP response detected' for that property.

Tag managers also shows another ID UA-31071895-3. I can not find this on my wordpress site to delete it although I can see it when I view the source code.

Any advice to restore the proper analytics would be greatly appreciated.

The domain is coveredcallbasics.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carol P
October 2016

Re: No analytics data showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Carol :-)
In the Property Settings page and all View Settings pages, make sure website url is entered without the www added to the domain name

Also more than one tracking code on a site for different properties can cause conflicts and the tracking not to work.

It may be tracking added via a plugin for its own tracking purposes. 

Thing to check.. check your theme and any fields provided to add scripts to the site head section to see if the extra tracking code is entered there.
Check if you have a plugin installed to add GA tracking... or a plugin to add scripts to the head of the site that may have the unknown tracking added to it.
If you cannot find another tracking script , Im going to suggest you edit your tracking code to the following instead (with your own UA# inserted where applicable:

<!-- Google Analytics -->
<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','analytics');

analytics('create', 'UA-XXXXX-Y', 'auto');
analytics('send', 'pageview');
</script>
<!-- End Google Analytics -->

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carol P
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

In the Property Settings page and all View Settings pages, make sure website url is entered without the www added to the domain name

Also more than one tracking code on a site for different properties can cause conflicts and the tracking not to work.

It may be tracking added via a plugin for its own tracking purposes. 

Thing to check.. check your theme and any fields provided to add scripts to the site head section to see if the extra tracking code is entered there.
Check if you have a plugin installed to add GA tracking... or a plugin to add scripts to the head of the site that may have the unknown tracking added to it.
If you cannot find another tracking script , Im going to suggest you edit your tracking code to the following instead (with your own UA# inserted where applicable:

<!-- Google Analytics -->
<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','analytics');

analytics('create', 'UA-XXXXX-Y', 'auto');
analytics('send', 'pageview');
</script>
<!-- End Google Analytics -->

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It's definitely because you have two tracking codes on your website.

Tracking code for property UA-31071895-3 is first in the code and it receives double pageviews and UA-50394642-2 receives none.

This is output from Google Analytics Debugger:

Initializing Google Analytics.
analytics_debug.js:10Running command: ga("create", "UA-31071895-3", "auto")
analytics_debug.js:10Creating new tracker: t0
analytics_debug.js:10Auto cookieDomain found: "coveredcallbasics.com"
analytics_debug.js:10Running command: ga("send", "pageview")
analytics_debug.js:10
Sent beacon:
v=1&_v=j47d&a=1828909417&t=pageview&_s=1&dl=http%3A%2F%2Fcoveredcallbasics.com%2F&ul=pl&de=UTF-8&dt=Covered%20Call%20Basics%20%E2%80%93%20only%20what%20you%20need%20to%20invest&sd=24-bit&sr=1920x1080&vp=1112x950&je=0&fl=23.0%20r0&_u=AACAAMABI~&jid=&cid=1555036135.1475690305&tid=UA-31071895-3&z=1272844956

analytics_debug.js:10_j1              (&jid) 
analytics_debug.js:10adSenseId        (&a)   1828909417
analytics_debug.js:10apiVersion       (&v)   1
analytics_debug.js:10clientId         (&cid) 1555036135.1475690305
analytics_debug.js:10encoding         (&de)  UTF-8
analytics_debug.js:10flashVersion     (&fl)  23.0 r0
analytics_debug.js:10hitType          (&t)   pageview
analytics_debug.js:10javaEnabled      (&je)  0
analytics_debug.js:10language         (&ul)  pl
analytics_debug.js:10location         (&dl)  http://coveredcallbasics.com/
analytics_debug.js:10screenColors     (&sd)  24-bit
analytics_debug.js:10screenResolution (&sr)  1920x1080
analytics_debug.js:10title            (&dt)  Covered Call Basics – only what you need to invest
analytics_debug.js:10trackingId       (&tid) UA-31071895-3
analytics_debug.js:10viewportSize     (&vp)  1112x950
analytics_debug.js:10Running command: ga("create", "UA-50394642-2", "auto")
analytics_debug.js:10Ignoring create request for duplicate tracking name.
analytics_debug.js:10Running command: ga("send", "pageview")
analytics_debug.js:10
Sent beacon:
v=1&_v=j47d&a=1828909417&t=pageview&_s=2&dl=http%3A%2F%2Fcoveredcallbasics.com%2F&ul=pl&de=UTF-8&dt=Covered%20Call%20Basics%20%E2%80%93%20only%20what%20you%20need%20to%20invest&sd=24-bit&sr=1920x1080&vp=1112x950&je=0&fl=23.0%20r0&_u=AACAAMABI~&jid=&cid=1555036135.1475690305&tid=UA-31071895-3&z=658383976

analytics_debug.js:10_j1              (&jid) 
analytics_debug.js:10adSenseId        (&a)   1828909417
analytics_debug.js:10apiVersion       (&v)   1
analytics_debug.js:10clientId         (&cid) 1555036135.1475690305
analytics_debug.js:10encoding         (&de)  UTF-8
analytics_debug.js:10flashVersion     (&fl)  23.0 r0
analytics_debug.js:10 hitType          (&t)   pageview
analytics_debug.js:10 javaEnabled      (&je)  0
analytics_debug.js:10 language         (&ul)  pl
analytics_debug.js:10 location         (&dl)  http://coveredcallbasics.com/
analytics_debug.js:10 screenColors     (&sd)  24-bit
analytics_debug.js:10 screenResolution (&sr)  1920x1080
analytics_debug.js:10 title            (&dt)  Covered Call Basics – only what you need to invest
analytics_debug.js:10 trackingId       (&tid) UA-31071895-3
analytics_debug.js:10 viewportSize     (&vp)  1112x950

So you have to locate and remove tracking code for UA-31071895-3 property or modify one of the codes according to this article:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/creating-trackers#working_w...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the swift reply.

Prior to posing the question I did have a plugin tracking analytics that I deactivated and deleted to try and solve the issue.

Posting the updated code you provided has restored the analytics. I'm still not sure how to find and remove that other random ID, but at least I have my stats back.

Thanks again. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Good to hear that is now working again.
The unknown tracking could be added a multitude of ways.. and if its not being added via any of the obvious methods then you are likely to need to go digging thru theme code which may break your website.

To see if its one of the plugins, provided it wont break your site, you could try deactivating plugins one by one and then rechecking the site to see if deactivation of any particular plugins causes the unknown tracking to be removed

Most of the GA plugins for installing analytics do what i have done via editing the tracking code to rename the global object. Doing this prevents any conflicts with anything else on the site that may be using the ga global object.