1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

New web host, only showing a page called sharebutton

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

About a month ago I changed my website host from Wix to Squarespace. This is my first time logging in since. It doesn't appear that analytics is reading my site anymore? The only page that it says it is reading is sharebutton which I assume is my facebook or something. What do I need to do to update this?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

New web host, only showing a page called sharebutton

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Samantha J :-)
Usually data showing from sharebutton is spam data.
There is an article that can help you setup the filters and segments necessary for removing spam data.
Its a long read and a bit technical but it is doable if you take your time to read thru and follow the instructions.

http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/
also make sure to have your original View without any filters applied to it.
Create a new View for applying the spam filters too. that way the data in the new View willl be clean going forward (filters dont work on past data)

Have you checked that analytics is still installed on your website?
Wix is its own platform that requires you to install the tracking via the setting option they provide.
If you have changed to a different host that is not on the Wix platform then chances are you will have to reinstall the tracking code, using the method recommended by Squarespace for the Squarespace platform

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815608-Using-Google-Analytics-with-Squarespace

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Experts in the Topic
Bronwyn V