1.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

New Web Site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, so I did all the usual setup of a new domain and hosting, nothing I've not done a tonne of times before and then I setup another Google Analytics account for the new site, get the tracking code, again do the same as I've done a tonne of times before and pop it into the PHP file for inclusion as directed on the tracking code page and several times it says it has checked and still getting the message 'Tracking Not Installed', also the real time does not appear to be working correctly either whilst it still has that status up there, I can sit on the site or get a friend to open the site up just to test it out and have them on Skype right at that moment so I know what they're doing and yet it still stands at 0 for however many people are on the site. I've never had this issue before, I've not modified the tracking code at all or using it on another site. Why has this issue started just recently? Is this some kind of bug that Google don't know about? Have other people reported the same issue because if so then I'd say there is a problem. I created a new sub domain from my other main site and tried exactly the same thing just to test out, no modifications or anything, it just simply does not seem to want to work now and I'm getting rather frustrated, if this is a problem Google have created somehow why can't they just leave the **bleep** thing alone if it's working ok?! Google do my head in sometimes, why try to change something that works alright?! Grrr

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Web Site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Geordie D,

Sorry to hear of your woes! If you just created the account and placed it on your site, that status message will say "Tracking not installed" for around 24 to 48 hours as the data is getting processed. I'd say give it another day or two (enjoy the weekend!), and come back tomorrow evening or Monday and check. If everything is ok, then the status should change by around then. This is very typical behaviour, so I wouldn't get alarmed just yet.

Hope this helps.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nicky, thanks for replying. Yeah it been really stressing me a bit but if as you say sometimes takes between 24 and 48 hours I will give it til late tomorrow and see if it has changed, still there is an issue with the Real Time not working properly though, not sure what that is about or why.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Geordie D,

You can install GA Debugger to see if you see any hits going to your web site. It's a free plugin for Chrome, and very helpful to see if your analytics is working. You should see hits even if the status is still "not installed".
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for this. I just published my prod site, and I'm banging my head wondering why it's not installed. I'll hold off for a few days before I lose my mind. Much appreciated.