AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Need a website to track & complete activity 4.1

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I recently started the google analytics academy and I'm stuck on activity 4.1 because I need a website to manually enter the analytics tracking code. I don't have a website to use. Could someone explain what am I suppose to do if i don't have a website where I can put the tracking ID.

Thanks!

Romi

1 Expert replyverified_user

Need a website to track & complete activity 4.1

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
I'm looking at 4.1 and it asks you to create an account for a hypothetical outdoor retail store. This tracking code doesnt need to actually be installed anywhere, it is simply to acquaint you with the Google Analytics UI and the steps involved in creating and setting up an account and where/how to find the tracking code, and where it would usually get installed on a website etc.

Blogger costs nothing and will allow you to manually edit the blogger html template to install the tracking code, however it would depend on the site at the time and how its created as to how the tracking code should be installed.
Generally it would get put in a site's html code on each page before the closing </head> tag.. on blogger it gets added to the template once and the template applies it to all site pages.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here