AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

My Tracking Code is too Long!!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been struggling with this for far too long, and I have no ideas left! Whenever I go to create a new Google Analytics account for one of my WordPress sites, the code that gets generated by Google is 9 numbers long instead of 8! It's driving me crazy, and I have no idea why this would happen, or if it is a goof-up on WordPress' end. Figured I would cover both ends, so if anyone out there has had the same or similar issues in the past, please share some wisdom with me!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

My Tracking Code is too Long!!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Amanda,

Are you using a plug in?  Sounds like you are and they have old validation that is checking for the length of the string you are entering. 

Edit:

You could also add it to the code of the theme directly via the header.php file or use the "Insert Headers and Footers"  plugin and use the header.    

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn