Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

My Revenue within analytics does not match my revenue within my CMS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our custom CMS and sales dept is reporting twice the revenue that our Analytics does. On top of this i dont believe my mailchimp integration is working as its reporting most of our conversions and revenue under our internal email list. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Revenue within analytics does not match my revenue within my CMS

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Nicholson,

While you should always expect to see a variance between web sales and what GA reports, more than 5% requires investigation.

In this case, you'll need to audit your raw transactions in your CMS/Store against all transactions in GA and compare totals, items and quantities. You're looking for commonalities in the transactions that are not reporting.

Look for apostrophes which could be throwing off your JavaScript, etc. It's a tedious process but in your case 50% is a great cause for concern.

The mail chimp integration simply appends the UTM tagging to your email links. If email drives traffic for you then I would not be surprised to see a lot of revenue attributed to this channel.
Use multi -channel funnels>> assisted conversions to see how other channels contribute.

Good luck!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn