AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

My Google analytics isn't working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried installing google analytics on a wordpress site, ub.co.ke but i realised that it was already installed earlier on. How can I access the trackings ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Whitney O
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

What property do you have access to?
Ideally there should only be one tracking code installed.

If you need to have both installed for some reason, then one tracking code needs to be removed and a single instance of the code needs to be modified to work for two trackers.

If you only need one tracking code.. pick which property you wish (or the one you have access to) to use for tracking purposes in GA (I'm assuming you have access to both that are already installed on the site) and remove the unrequired tracking code from the website.

Also make sure the Property Settings and also the View settings in GA both reflect the correct domain name where it asks for the website url/address. 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
There are two tracking codes for two different properties installed on the site.. both are showing errors when checked with Google Tag Assistant.

To access the data, you would need to login to analytics with the google account that you were logged into  when you created the GA accounts.
https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/#?modal_active=none
There is a sign in link at the upper right

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

Thanks for the feedback.

So what exactly should I do to start seeing hits on my GA account ? How do I get rid of the errors ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Whitney O
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

What property do you have access to?
Ideally there should only be one tracking code installed.

If you need to have both installed for some reason, then one tracking code needs to be removed and a single instance of the code needs to be modified to work for two trackers.

If you only need one tracking code.. pick which property you wish (or the one you have access to) to use for tracking purposes in GA (I'm assuming you have access to both that are already installed on the site) and remove the unrequired tracking code from the website.

Also make sure the Property Settings and also the View settings in GA both reflect the correct domain name where it asks for the website url/address. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay. Understood. Thank you very much!