AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Multiple levels of subfolder tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was searching through this forum for a while but can not seem to find the answer to my question. Here is the issue:

We used to have multiple sites for idividual destinations (hotel company). How we switched over to one brand site "brand.com" with desinations in subfolders "brand.com/hotels/destination1/". We are using WordPress for this and it all works very well. I input the GA tracking code in the theme options and it is recording properly.

However, as we are using a quite deep structure (up to 5 subfolders) it is important for me to track destinations specific. So for example I need to see the traffic starting at "brand.com/hotels/destinations1" or "brand.com/residences/destination1".

I am not sure how to set this up. Filter function maybe? If I go to behavior flow at the moment it does not show multiple subfolders, only up to 2 (even when adding "more steps"). That only shows me how many ppl go to a specific destination but not where they go from there (suites, facilities, etc.).

I hope I was able to explain this well and you can help me.

Thanks!

Felix

Re: Multiple levels of subfolder tracking

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You can try creating goals with funnels.

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/conversion-funnel-survival-guide/