Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Multiple levels of subfolder tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was searching through this forum for a while but can not seem to find the answer to my question. Here is the issue:

We used to have multiple sites for idividual destinations (hotel company). How we switched over to one brand site "brand.com" with desinations in subfolders "brand.com/hotels/destination1/". We are using WordPress for this and it all works very well. I input the GA tracking code in the theme options and it is recording properly.

However, as we are using a quite deep structure (up to 5 subfolders) it is important for me to track destinations specific. So for example I need to see the traffic starting at "brand.com/hotels/destinations1" or "brand.com/residences/destination1".

I am not sure how to set this up. Filter function maybe? If I go to behavior flow at the moment it does not show multiple subfolders, only up to 2 (even when adding "more steps"). That only shows me how many ppl go to a specific destination but not where they go from there (suites, facilities, etc.).

I hope I was able to explain this well and you can help me.

Thanks!

Felix

Re: Multiple levels of subfolder tracking

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You can try creating goals with funnels.

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/conversion-funnel-survival-guide/