AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Multiple cross domain tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have 2 website with functionalities for registered customers (so they log in).

Each website lets customers log in through a specific page on another domain (login-a.example.com; login-b.example.com) and after log in customers land back on the previous domain.

To avoid the log in website to be a referral we want to implement a cross domain tracking, but the secondary domain (where there are the two different pages for log in) is the same for both the different primary websites.

Can we implement the snippets for the secondary domain just in the pages of the log in (not through the whole domain), one for each website (with the relevant tracking code)?

Thanks,

Frederick

1 Expert replyverified_user

Multiple cross domain tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Do you want to track users on the login pages? If not, you just need to add the login domain to the Referral Exclusion List in GA Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info in order to prevent it from triggering a new session.

If you want to track users on the login domain, yes you can add the relevant tracking code from the primary sites only to the login pages.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital