AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Multiple collect and audience requests sent to analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When implemented in GTM, i see at least two collect (of which one is a 307 redirect) requests sent back to analytics and at least two ga-audience requests, one from analytics and one from double-click. The number of collect requests grow when i have events or other hits defined on the page, while the number of ga-audience requests grow as we have more re-marketing lists defined (not 100% sure about that.

Thing is, these requests are slowing down page load time considerably. Is there a way to consolidate all requests to a single collect and a single ga-audience request?

gtm requests.PNG

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple collect and audience requests sent to analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Roie,

It is usually only a http > https redirect and is a Chrome only thing afaik. To prevent this you could just use a Fields to Set > force SSL: true. Try it and let me know if redirects still happen.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zorin,
Thanks you for answering, This does not seems to work for me.
Still seeing same number of redirects and calls to collect and ga-audience scripts totaling in over a second delay to the page load time.
As mentioned, the calls to those scripts increase as i add more remarketing audiences and events, this has major effect on possible load times.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Roie,

so when you set the forceSSL to true on your main PV tag does it still 307 redirect for the pv collect payload?

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net