Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Ecommerce Transaction because of cached webpage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello People,

I am stuck in a case where Google Analytics is recording multiple eCommerce transaction. We have added code on server side to execute GA eCommerce posting code only one time. Still this issue is reproducible for only some transaction. The multiple eCommerce transaction are for same transaction Id but on different dates.

On research I found that this case is with small devices (mobile, tablet). The small devices browser caches whole webpage. And when the browser is opened it reload webpage from cache. So each time user opens the browser and page loads from cache hence the causing this issue. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Multiple Ecommerce Transaction because of cached webpage

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Nameet,

Best I can do is point you to a solution that may help:

GTM:

https://www.simoahava.com/gtm-tips/prevent-repeat-transactions/

If you are not using GTM, you can co-opt the idea and use similar logic in JS or however you would like.  Better yet is to do something on the server side that redirects them before the page loads in the client; hence, no transaction.

Hope that helps...

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn