AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Moving a page without losing GA data

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've recently moved a page from /news-blog/ to /blog/. 

It's the same page, redesigned. I've setup a 301 redirect but in Google analytics it's reporting them as seperate pages. I'd really like to combine them to see how effective the redesign was in terms of bounce rate etc.

I think filters should allow this but I don't have much experience there.

Any help is appreciated.

Moving a page without losing GA data

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since Filters are not retroactive, I'm not sure how we could combine them so you can look at old/new design comparison in a single page. Others may be able to advise.

A simpler approach might be to look at the Pages report (Behavior > Site Content > All Pages), switch the Primary Dimension to Page Title, and add Page as a Secondary Dimension (if desired, you could apply an advanced filter to this report to show only the specific pages you want). You would then see the metrics along the columns of the table and you could plot both rows for a nice visual comparison.