AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Missing Tracking Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello I recently started using google analytics on a new website www.portmorevet.com which was developed using Network Solutions. The message missing track code has come up and I am not sure how to resolve the issue as I copied the tracking code as displayed into the webmaster tool. When i run the google tag assistant, the google analytics report says tracking code: 0. I'm not an IT person so I'm not really sure how to proceed. Any advice you can give would be helpful.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missing Tracking Code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Julie,

Please see the document below about enabling Google Analytics on a site built using Network Solutions:
http://www.networksolutions.com/support/enabling-google-analytics-tracking-for-your-site/
Hope it helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Arnold, thanks for the reply however this is not how the option to add google analytics code appears on my website builder. This is what i see.google analytics.JPG

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thanks for the screenshot. Are you able to save the settings? The tracking code does not appear in the website source code.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As far as I know it saved when I entered it. I have re entered the tracking code and a message came up to say it was saved. I have also clicked the check again option on the notification re the missing code so i'll let you know if anything changes.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Julie,

The tracking code is still not installed on the site. Maybe you can ask Networks Solutions support about it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for all help, I contacted them, the problem was that I didn't publish the website after I put in the code.