Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Merging Accounts (folders) in google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a website split into three different folders on my home page in google analytics.  How can I merge all of the folders?
Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Merging accounts is not possible.

Using a single property and then having multiple views with filters can be one option.

OR

Property Moving between Accounts: Property Moving for Google Analytics allows clients to modify their GA accounts structure by moving GA properties from one GA account to another. The moved property will keep the data, existing integrations with other products, tracking ID (UA-XXXX-YY) and structure.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/7189627?hl=en&ref_topic=6179391

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

are you saying you currently have 3 different Google Analytics properties (one for each folder)?

If you want to "merge" all folders, you should be using a common tracking code (with the same UA-XXXXXXX-Y tracking ID) for all pages within the 3 folders.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Re: Merging Accounts (folders) in google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Julien,
Yes I have three separate accounts all in one "home" for google analytics.  They are split into two different folders and then one folder expands into another folder.  Should I change the tracking code? If so, how do I do that?